Make this holiday season a meaningful one with Tarot-inspired gifts. Custom-made presents incorporating the symbolism of Tarot are a unique way to express your love and appreciation for everyone on your list. These do-it-yourself projects are not only creative, but cost-conscious and innovative as well. Below are three simple projects that you can easily make in a few hours. You can use this list to get you started -- then, come up with your own creative ideas!
1. Purchase tall votive candles from any major supermarket or crafts store.
2. Make color copies of the 22 Major Arcana (size copies to fit candles).
3. Glue one copy of a Major Arcana card to each votive candle.
4. Write a description of the Tarot card on a gift tag, so your recipient knows what the candle symbolizes.
5. Give candles to friends and family that resonate with a current issue in their life. (For example: give the Lovers Tarot candle to a friend who wants to be in a relationship.)
Tarot Bath Salts
1. Buy a variety of natural salts (Epsom, Celtic and Dead Sea salts are three good ones to start with), and an assortment of pure essential oils. Research online or use your own intuition to decide which oils go with which Major Arcana cards.
2. Choose a selection of Major Arcana cards to make bath salt blends for. Examples: For the Magician card -- an outgoing, optimistic and powerful Major Arcana -- you might choose uplifting oils such as orange, grapefruit or peppermint, blended with spiritual oils such as frankincense.
3. Make an essential oil blend for each card you're using and add to bath salts (add roughly 5 drops of oil per every cup of salts; amounts will depend on strength of oil). Mix each blend in one large batch and then package in smaller sizes to give away. You can put the bath salts in a mason jar, a cellophane bag or a pretty box.
4. Label the salts and describe the energy of the Tarot card to include with your gift. You may want to also make a color copy of each card and use this as a gift card or decoration for the bath salt packaging.
1. Color copy an assortment of Tarot cards.
2. Type out short descriptions of each card you've copied and glue these descriptions to the back of each card.
3. Laminate the copies and the descriptions so that one side shows the card image, and the other side shows the description.
4. Think of the friend or family member you're giving the Tarot blessings to and, as you meditate on what is going on in their lives, give each card accordingly.
Tarot Ornaments/Dashboard Charms
1. Make small color copies of the Tarot cards that most appeal to you.
2. Laminate each of the copies.
3. Punch a hole in the top.
4. Thread with a metal ornament piece for a tree ornament, or a pretty ribbon for a dashboard charm for the car.