This April Fool’s Day, embody the energy of the Fool Card of the tarot and welcome more fun, adventure and excitement into your life! The Fool is the first card of the deck -- the number 0 -- representing possibility, creativity and initiation. This energy is fresh and new, free of restraint or limitation. If you need a breath of fresh air in your life, now is the time to invoke the Fool!
Share a free sample 2014 New Astrology Forecast. Get your 2014 New Astrology Forecast featuring your Chinese and Western Signs today!
Visualization: Use your imagination to “become” the Fool.
Find a quiet place to lie down, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Imagine yourself strolling along on a beautiful day, carrying a sack full of everything you need to enjoy life. A cute little dog walks behind you and you carry a rose in your hand. Open-hearted and fancy free, you have no worries or responsibilities.
Adventure and new experiences are at hand, all you need to do is muster the courage to venture into unexplored territories. Where are you headed? What will you do when you get there? What do you have in your bag? More questions may arise as you journey on your Fool’s Path. Just let your answers arise without effort, noticing what comes in words or images. You may not even have answers in the moment, but answers could come to you later in dreams or through other people and interesting synchronicities.
When you feel complete about your visualization, write down anything that seems important from your imaginary trip. Use any inspiration from this visualization to fuel your Fool fire for the rest of the suggested Fool activities.
One-Day Vacation: Take a Fool’s Day
1. Eat what you want, when you want it: breakfast for dinner? Dessert first? What’s on your Fool’s Menu?
2. Have some foolish fun: Draw on a sidewalk with colored chalk, make a midnight visit to the local playground, hula-hoop or play Frisbee, try karaoke or some other foolish pastime.
3. Wear a Fool’s outfit: What would a Fool wear -- bright colors and patterns? Tutus and tiaras?
4. Seek out some foolish people: Who makes you laugh no matter what? Find them and make a date. Find a kid to play with, children have a direct relationship to their inner Fool and they’re not afraid to let them out.
5. Throw a Fool’s Party, inviting your friends to come as their inner Fool. Serve fun Fool foods and plan Fool activities (pie-eating contest, clowning competition, trampoline fun, Marco Polo in the pool, etc.).
Further Fool Fun
Gather a selection of magazines, music, movies and TV shows that embody the Fool’s spirit. Collect Fool toys, objects or accessories that make you laugh or help you loosen up. Whenever you need a break from your normal routine, spend some time immersing yourself in Fool-dom, allowing your Fool’s spirit to have free reign.
Marjorie Orr has an M.A. (Hons) in English Literature and Philosophy from Glasgow University, and was a current affairs journalist, award-winning BBC TV documentary producer and then a psychotherapist. She has a worldwide following for her astrology... read more