Let love find you. Be guided to your soul mate with a Free Psychic Love Reading. Call 1-800-749-5790 right now!
I know we are supposed to be talking about goals this week, but two things have happened which have changed my mind...temporarily:
· I am having problems with goal setting so feeling just a tad hypocritical...although that is a very good example people of a triple Pisces with an Aries Saturn attempting to set firm in concrete goals
· Mercury has just gone retrograde and, being in Capricorn this time, has the potential to target business systems and business communications more so than ever.
I work as a Change Manager/ Project Manager in IT, so mitigating risk is one of the key elements of my job...an interesting choice of career for someone as boundary & detail challenged as I am in my personal life, but there you have it. My job is to make sure that the right messages get through to the people who need to know about those things and that after changes are made systems still work, people know what to do and no nasty little surprises are lurking in the background.
For this reason, I never schedule a change unless it can absolutely not be avoided during a Mercury retrograde period. Why? Because things happen...and not because Mercury the Trickster is particularly malicious, they happen because we don’t think or act in the same way as we usually do. We go within and our focus shifts accordingly. In doing so, things get missed or forgotten. It might be something little which causes a problem with something slightly bigger and so on.
Mercury is the planet of communication- the process of getting messages out and about. This is why the main things that are impacted during Mercury retrograde periods are things like:
· Appointment times
· Travel times & arrangements
· Computers, phones & other electronic devices
· Getting to & from places
· Contracts and other documents
This is not to say that all of a sudden inanimate objects and diaries gang up on us. But, with our focus on our internal communication, we may miss a clause in a contract that later becomes important or leave a little later & forget about the roadworks on the M2 which have been advertised for ever or forget to charge the phone up and back up the PC.
Mitigation is pretty simple:
· Re-confirm appointments
· Check & re-check your travel arrangements
· Keep all technology & cars serviced regularly
· Back up computers
· Avoid purchasing any major technology over this period (if you were buying a new phone or laptop before Xmas hopefully you have already done it)
· Avoid signing contracts, but if you have to, make sure you have read & re-read all the fine print
· If you must commence a new project, do the scoping work carefully- and seriously people, we should be doing this anyway!
· If you must implement a change, test, test, test and re-test...all components.