My Aries BMF and I talk a lot about goals. Actually, that statement is not strictly correct- I talk about dreams and he talks about bucket lists. When it comes to goals, once he decides something is out of the bucket list, it becomes a goal and he does it. In the last couple of years he has given up smoking, climbed a mountain in Asia, ran a half marathon, ran a full marathon, and lots more besides.
I rarely take the action to turn the dreams into goals, so avoid bringing things out of my bucket and onto the table. As a result, his tick sheet is substantially longer than mine. He, on the other hand, only takes things out that he knows he will achieve. Will being the operative word- that’s something Aries likes to assert- his will.
Aries has goals. Lots of them. The challenge with Aries is actually sticking to one...or two. Aries is a great starter, but sometimes finds it difficult to go the distance.
So, how is my friend different? How does he manage to achieve what he does?
1. He doesn’t plan too far in the future. When he makes up his mind, he takes immediate action so that the quick wins fuel his enthusiasm to keep going. Aries needs to see quick results.
2. The goals he sets have a defined beginning and end and are outcome driven. Aries needs a physical result.
3. The goals he sets challenge him physically, energetically and require some level of courage- all “must haves” for Aries.
4. He prioritises his goals. This helps him stay on track. When Aries has too many projects started, he loses focus easily and can finish none.
5. The goals he achieves are independent in nature, so when he wins (even if he is competing against himself), he is seen to have won and gets the recognition he deserves.
Astrology Detective writes the Love – Money – Health Horoscopes for Dell Horoscope Magazine. She also runs her own site, astrologydetective.com, offering weekly and monthly horoscopes, personal readings and reports, ecards, and more.... read more