I’m on holiday on Queensland’s gorgeous Sunshine Coast (hence the photo). So here’s one I prepared earlier ie last year…
My Aries BMF and I talk a lot about goals. Actually, that statement is not strictly correct- I talk about dreams and he talks about bucket lists. When it comes to goals, once he decides something is out of the bucket list, it becomes a goal and he does it. In the last couple of years he has given up smoking, climbed a mountain in Asia, ran a half marathon, ran a full marathon, and lots more besides.
I rarely take the action to turn the dreams into goals, so avoid bringing things out of my bucket and onto the table. As a result, his tick sheet is substantially longer than mine. He, on the other hand, only takes things out that he knows he will achieve. Will being the operative word- that’s something Aries likes to assert- his will.
Aries has goals. Lots of them. The challenge with Aries is actually sticking to one...or two. Aries is a great starter, but sometimes finds it difficult to go the distance.
So, how is my friend different? How does he manage to achieve what he does?
1. He doesn’t plan too far in the future. When he makes up his mind, he takes immediate action so that the quick wins fuel his enthusiasm to keep going. Aries needs to see quick results.
2. The goals he sets have a defined beginning and end and are outcome driven. Aries needs a physical result.
3. The goals he sets challenge him physically, energetically and require some level of courage- all “must haves” for Aries.
4. He prioritises his goals. This helps him stay on track. When Aries has too many projects started, he loses focus easily and can finish none.
5. The goals he achieves are independent in nature, so when he wins (even if he is competing against himself), he is seen to have won and gets the recognition he deserves.
Share a free sample Career Strengths Reading. What are your strongest talents at work? The answers await with this unique reading!
Born a double Scorpio, Kiki T. began her astro adventures at the tender age of 11. Like any self-respecting Scorpio, obsession led Kiki to astrology. In dire love with fellow Scorpio, Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran, Kiki was convinced he was her soul... read more