Mercury has just turned retrograde in Aries. This means that for many of us crazy stuff starts to happen.
Now, I know that any Change Manager covering all bases will have had the dates for this retrograde (and the others during 2012) already in their calendar, and I am sure that your scheduled change dates will be outside of the retrograde (and preferably also the shadow) period, but life and business have to go on.
Naturally there will be times when client requirements or legislated or industry changes mean that implementations and major changes need to be scheduled during a Mercury retrograde, so when that happens, to avoid interruption to business, at the very least make sure you:
· Plan, plan & re-plan
· Test, test & re-test
· Cross check all risks and issues back against all planning & testing
· Schedule any required maintenance before the retrograde periods
Also, Mercury retrograde periods often cause issues with communication & receiving clear messages. Not matter if you are like me and your attention to detail is somewhat lacking, during a Mercury retrograde is not the time to slack off on your documentation. Make sure those meeting minutes are clear, concise & detailed.
· Book meetings in advance so they are in everyone’s calendar.
· Send out emails a day or so ahead with a reminder as to the next scheduled meeting & attach a copy of any previous documentation
· Leave yourself plenty of time to either get to meetings (if you have to travel)
· Leave yourself plenty of time to prepare for meetings to cover off against all those unexpected things that come up
· If you are like me & chase deadlines (I am the catch up queen...) during Mercury retrogrades it’s probably a good idea to start tasks a little earlier than you normally would
· Check & re-check your travel arrangements
· Insure your luggage and tickets and make sure you have copies of all travel documents- preferably not in your bag
· If travelling carry a spare toothbrush and change of clothes as carry on- just in case
· Avoid mechanical problems, by making sure your car services are up to date
· Back up computers before the Rx period starts
· Avoid purchasing any major technology over this period
· Avoid signing contracts, but if you have to, make sure you have read & re-read all the fine print
· If you must commence a new project, do the scoping work carefully- and seriously people, we should be doing this anyway!
Oh, and the picture today is of beautiful Sydney Harbour from a whole different perspective. Mercury retrogrades are like that- if you go with the differences you might just see things from a whole new light.
Share a free sample2014 Vedic Moon Sign Forecast.Take a look at how the transit of planets will affect your relationship and finances in 2014!
It’s been said that in this world there are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers. I’m with them. By profession, I’m a writer, astrologer and entrepreneur. I’m a catalyst for change, in myself and others. My mission: to live... read more