- Motion, movement away from one thing and towards another.
- Speed, acceleration.
Astrological Parallels: Sagittarius
Tarot Parallels: Chariot
- Love, loyalty, beauty.
- Fierce defense of loved ones or pursuit of something desperately desired.
- Royalty; godliness; a keeper of hidden knowledge.
Astrological Parallels: Venus, Taurus
- Being at a disadvantage in a given situation.
- Actually being pursued, probably in the sense of being "chased" by a potential lover, employer, or customer.
Astrological Parallels: Aries, Gemini, Mercury
Pursuit of a dream or something else that's just out of reach.
Astrological Parallels: Gemini, Sagittarius
If you dream of a busy cafe when you sit alone at a table, this indicates a feeling of "being lonely in a crowd," of alienation from the world around you. If you're with a group of friends, however, support of all kinds is available from people who care for you. If the caf? is chic and nicely decorated, your world is pretty much in order, but if it's a shabby place, both your spirits and your life circumstances could use a lift, and you may need to seek it outside your usual domain.
- Dreaming of a wall calendar listing the months and days calls your attention to the month. If the month involved is within six months ahead of the current month, something important will happen then - and if there is a day circled, watch that day.
- If your dream is of an appointment calendar, and it is full, you're trying to do too much and need to slow down. If the appointment calendar is empty, however, you should consider taking steps to revitalize your social life. See "Clock".
In Celtic society, wealth was measured by the number of cattle a person owned - and so dreaming of a calf shows promise of the acquisition of wealth. As calves were often included as part of a bride's dowry, dreaming of a healthy, frisky young calf is a harbinger of marital happiness.
A canal is a channel through difficult territory, so dreaming of a full and thriving canal brings promise of future prosperity. An empty canal, however, warns of financial troubles - which can, however, be prevented. Look to other symbols in the dream to judge how such problems could be prevented.
Dreaming of a burning candle at night holds promise of a beacon in the darkness. If you're feeling a little down when you dream this, it's a sign that there is hope, and things will soon get better. A new, unlit candle indicates untapped potential, while a candle on the verge of guttering out heralds the end of a project, usually intellectual in nature. Candlesticks carried by individuals imply an increase in your social life.
- Playing card games with someone you recognize implies that this person, or perhaps someone of whom he or she reminds you, is "playing games" with you and is not to be trusted. Gambling with cards is a warning to avoid financial risk of any kind.
- Each playing card has a distinct divinatory meaning of its own, usually based on numerology. Spades rule conflict, hearts pertain to matters of the heart, diamonds refer to money, and clubs rule difficulties - and the numerological meaning of each number combined with the nature of the suit gives a rough meaning of the card's divinatory nature. The face cards rule people whose personalities are based on the nature of the suit they represent.
- If the dream is of a Tarot card, or a group of them, the meaning of the card has a strong bearing on the meaning of the dream. Consult our Tarot experts for details.
- If the cartoon character was one that you know well, such as Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, or Bugs Bunny, then you need to ask yourself what that particular character suggests to you, and how that applies to your present circumstances.
- If the cartoon character was just a simple, unknown figure that entertained you, this suggests romantic troubles ahead. The antics of the character can give hints as to how to avoid these troubles.
- Success in business.
- A dream of contrary. Usually, this is NOT a negative symbol. If the cemetery was dark and gloomy, and/or overgrown, there is much in the dreamer's life that needs to be cleaned up before he or she can move ahead. But if it was a clear day, and the cemetery was neat and well kept, the dreamer is free to move ahead with whatever plans he or she has made.
- If there is someone with a serious illness in the dreamer's immediate circle, a dark and gloomy cemetery probably reflects the dreamer's fear rather than what is actually coming. A bright cemetery is reassuring; there will be no burials just yet.
A universal symbol for celebration. If you are drinking champagne, clinking glasses and laughing and talking with other people, great good fortune lies ahead. If a champagne glass is spilled, however, or a bottle broken, the celebration is premature and there is still much to be done before you can consider a project completed.
A warning to play it straight. If, in the dream, the dreamer is cheating, he should watch out for someone trying to cheat him. If the dreamer is being cheated, he can expect a stroke of luck.
Astrological Parallels: Pluto
Tarot Parallels: The Wheel of Fortune
Ripe cherries from off the tree symbolize success and happiness in love, while green or spoiled cherries indicate romantic disappointments. A cherry tree is an omen of good fortune of all kinds.
A symbol of innocence.
- If you were the child, you need to get in touch with your own innocence. If you, as the child, were in trouble, you need to go beyond your innocence and acknowledge the ways of the world. Everything is NOT all sweetness and light!
- If you were watching children playing, this is a sign of success and happiness, both in your personal and professional life.
If the dream is positive - such as enjoying some chocolates with a friend or lover - then this is a symbol for happiness and contentment. If, however, you dream of a stomachache or toothache resulting from eating chocolate, you need to curb overindulgence in foods of any kind.
If you are standing in the churchyard, looking at the church, this is a symbol of great times to come. Dreaming of being alone in an empty church, however, indicates rough times ahead that will nonetheless be resolved. A church full of people singing or praying, or observing a wedding or christening, is an omen of happiness and spiritual progress. Dreaming of a funeral, however, means the death of a longtime dream. See "Altar".
- Standing outside a circus tent waiting to get in indicates strange but exciting events ahead. If the weather is good, this indicates positive developments, but if the weather is stormy, you may be on the verge of moving from one difficult situation to one that's even more confusing.
- If you are inside the circus tent, watching the show or actually participating in it, then you may have too many things going on in your life at once - as in the simile, "like a three-ring circus."
- Dreaming of a freak show hints that bizarre events and weird people will complicate your life if you don't take steps to prevent or resolve them.
- A challenge in the dreamer's life, or one coming up.
- Climbing the ladder of success; attempting to reach the top.
- Ascent towards higher consciousness, aiming for a higher purpose in life.
Astrological Parallels: Saturn, Capricorn
Tarot Parallels: The Fool
- If you are scaling the cliff, this augurs a difficult climb either socially or careerwise. If you reach the top, you'll succeed.
- Standing on the edge of a cliff indicates obstacles ahead that can only be averted by taking risks. If you jump off the cliff, you'll choose to take those risks - and if you land safely, all will be will. But if you fall off, you'll feel you have no choice.
- Diving off a cliff, or seeing someone else dive off a cliff, indicates welcoming a challenge.
A symbol for time passing. If you dream of watching a clock ticking, with the hands moving steadily, this is a warning that you need to stop wasting time. Winding a clock or watch indicates that you are taking control of the situation. Hearing a clock strike indicates that the time has come for some positive action. See "Calendar".
- A dream of contrary. Dreaming of the antics of a funny clown implies the way that some of your companions see you. Look to other symbols in the dream to discern if this is due to affection or disdain. If the latter, the dream may be telling you that you need to find another circle of friends.
- Dreaming of specific clowns such as Charlie Chaplin, the Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, and so on implies that you should look at those people and analyze what they suggest to you, and how that can be applied to your present circumstances.
- Dreaming of wearing clothes that are totally inappropriate - such as wearing a bathing suit on the ski slopes - indicates circumstances in your life that require a reality check before you can move ahead. If in the dream you change your clothes, you'll be successful.
- A dream of being naked in public is a very common type of dream, and usually means that the dreamer feels exposed, vulnerable and at the mercy of others.
- Dressing yourself, especially if in fashionable clothes, indicates advancement socially and professionally. Undressing, however, indicates temporary setbacks.
- Dirty, soiled, or worn clothing is a warning not to take anyone's word for anything. Get the facts yourself.
- Tight or otherwise uncomfortable clothing hints at being involved in a prickly situation or that some situation in your life is making you uncomfortable, and you need to make some adjustments.
- Bright, fluffy clouds in a clear sky indicate aspirations that you can attain if you work at them. A lot of such clouds imply success and happiness in romance.
- Dark, stormy clouds indicate trouble ahead. If the storm ends and you're still safe, then you'll get past the trouble with few if any complications. But if the storm gets out of control, action must be taken immediately in order to prevent misfortune.
- Clouds obscuring the sun indicate circumstances in your life that you either don't know how to deal with or that seem worse than they are. Either way, this symbol is an augur of everything coming out right in the end.
- "Wake up and smell the coffee!" A relationship or some other sort of situation is not what it seems. Try to see it as it really is. Other symbols in the dream may reveal the truth and/or shed light on what you should do.
- Hot, delicious coffee implies surprising good news on the way, but if the coffee was bitter, it symbolizes disappointment in a friendship.
- If you were grinding the coffee, success in love and domestic happiness are on the way. Spilt coffee implies setbacks.
- Red: Good news. Passion. Anger. A warning to control your temper. Astrological parallel: Aries.
- Blue: Enlightenment. Insight. Relief from worry. Assistance from outside sources. Astrological parallel: Libra.
- Green: Peace. Tranquillity. The Earth. Money. A journey. Good news. Astrological parallel: Taurus.
- Yellow: Intellect. A problem or puzzle to be solved. Possible setbacks. Gemini. Also: Gold: Leo.
- Pink: Love. Compassion. The attainment of a dream.
- Purple: Spirituality; status in one's own circle. Increased social life, or the desire for same.
- Orange: Message from a great Master. Metaphysical or spiritual knowledge.
- Brown: Illness. Materialism.
- Black: Unhappiness. A rough road ahead. Something that the dreamer needs to know. In extreme cases, a death - BUT THE DREAMER'S DEATH IS NEVER SHOWN. Astrological parallel: Scorpio.
- White: Purity. Success well earned.
- Gray: Gray is a rather depressing color; some mystics believe it to be the color of the aura of a prison. Some sources believe it to indicate a slow period in the dreamer's life, when he or she is merely "marking time."
- A swirl of color: Great joy, happiness, success. Dreams attained. Luck in love. Astrological parallel: The Sun.
This symbol is a warning that you are taking too much for granted, and that you could be experiencing a false sense of security. Lying on a couch implies the need to take action to move your life ahead along the path you want.
- If you were wearing the costume, you're hiding your true self from someone - or perhaps from everyone in your circle. If you take it off, something will cause you to drop the facade very soon.
- If you are only one amongst many wearing a costume, especially if some of the others were children, this portends an amazing and totally unexpected - but nonetheless favorable - turn of events.
In ancient societies, a person's wealth was defined by the number of cattle he or she owned. Cows have also long been a symbol for love, nurturing, kindness, and generosity. Dreaming of a live, happy cow, especially one with a calf, is almost always a positive symbol, and other symbols in the dream will shed more light on exactly what's going on. A dead, sick, or ailing cow, however, indicates that future plans may be in jeopardy, and action needs to be taken. See "Bull", "Calf".
Whether the dreamer is a cowboy or simply sees one in his dream, he feels lost and alone, seeking wealth but never finding it. If the cowboy is in the company of others, the dreamer is not as alone as he thinks. If the cowboy is driving cattle, the dreamer shouldn't despair, as better financial conditions are on the way.
Oddly enough, dreaming of a colleague rarely involves issues at work. The focus is more likely to be on traits this person possesses that mean something to you. For example, if this person's voice is especially loud, whatever he or she is saying to you in the dream is especially significant, and you should pay attention. If this person is someone you feel you can trust, there is some issue in your life involving trust that needs to be resolved. If you dream that a coworker whom you don't particularly like suddenly acts like your best friend, or a colleague whom you like and respect turns hostile, be prepared for a reversal of some kind - for better or worse.
- Dreaming of any sort of cross - the Christian cross, the Maltese cross, the ancient cross of the Goddess - indicates joy, happiness and fulfillment after a long and difficult struggle.
- A crossroads implies the obvious: two possible paths lying ahead, and a choice to be made. Other symbols in the dream could hint as to the best possible path.
Dreaming of actually being part of an orderly and purposeful crowd implies aspirations in tune with those around you and support and assistance in making all your dreams a reality. If you're not actually involved with the crowd, however, you may feel as if you're "on the outside looking in" with regard to what's going on in your immediate circle. An angry, out-of-control mob implies turbulent emotions. You need to slow down, take a look at your feelings, and do what you can to make sense of them.
A gold crown indicates public honors and/or acknowledgement for work well done. A wreath of flowers worn around the head implies happiness and success in romance. A laurel wreath indicates victory over problems in your life. A paper or plastic crown, however, indicates insincere compliments from people with agendas of their own.
A large number of cushions indicates that the dreamer is "cushioned" too much from reality, and needs to wake up and view the situation as it really is. One comfortable cushion, however, is a sign of prosperity to come. Shabby cushions indicate good fortune ahead IF the dreamer cleans up his act.