- The ancients found the darkness a source of great fear, and so dreaming of darkness could be calling your attention to a fear you have that needs to be dealt with.
- Darkness also hides one's surroundings, and so darkness in a dream could indicate that you are "in the dark" about something, and need to find the truth. If you walk through the darkness into the light, this is showing you that you will indeed find the truth, and success will come your way.
- If a storm causes a bright day to suddenly turn into darkness, this is a warning not to get too complacent with your present circumstances, and to save for "a rainy day."
- If the dreamer is pregnant, and the daughter an as-yet unknown, this could be a sign that she is going to have a girl.
- If you have a daughter, she is trying to communicate something to you but may be afraid to. Other symbols in the dream could shed light on what it is.
- If the dreamer is neither pregnant nor the parent of a daughter, yet in the dream she has a daughter, this could indicate that the dreamer will start a new creative project soon. If the daughter is pretty and happy, the project will be a success. But if the child is crying, the project will hit a lot of snags.
- If the girl in question is the daughter of a celebrity, ask yourself what both the daughter and the celebrity mean to you. Look to other symbols in the dream to add further insight.
A project, a dream, or plans for the future will come to a dead stop. Other symbols in the dream should reveal whether you need to scrap these plans entirely or go back to the beginning and start over.
- An imminent transition, perhaps a move, or change of job or lover.
- An impending death in the world of the dreamer - usually a relative, friend, or admired public figure. The dreamer's death, however, is never shown.
- The need for change in some department of the dreamer's life. As to what: Watch for other symbols in the dream.
Astrological Parallels: Scorpio
Tarot Parallels: Death
The circumstances in the dream are very important. If you see the Devil in his usual context - in a pit full of fire, surrounded by demons - then you'd better ask yourself what guilty secret you're hiding and how it applies to your present circumstances. If the Devil speaks to you and seems friendly, then you're going to be faced with a temptation that will prove difficult to resist. If you fight him, you'll resist that temptation. If you see the Devil with someone you know, that person may be trying to manipulate you to serve his own ends.
Not always a positive symbol.
- If you are alone holding diamonds in your hand, someone you care for very deeply could be turning cold towards you.
- If someone gives you diamonds, however, a project that means a lot to you could bring money your way.
- If other symbols in the dream imply happiness and contentment, the appearance of diamonds could add wealth to the equation. But if the rest of the dream is dark and ominous, diamonds could signify loss. When interpreting a dream containing diamonds, it's important to remember that diamonds, however prized and beautiful, really are nothing more than cold, hard rocks.
- Dirt in a garden is a symbol for growth, abundance, and beauty. If you dream of planting a garden, something you're working on now could blossom into something more successful than you're even thinking of now.
- Dirty clothes hint that your body isn't quite what it should be, and a medical checkup is advised.
- If someone you know is throwing dirt at you, this person is not to be trusted. Do NOT confide in him or her!
- Love, loyalty, devotion, obedience.
- Strength; a challenge coming up and the ability to meet it.
- Something in the dreamer's life is proving to be a "dog" - meaning, less than desirable.
Astrological Parallels: Mercury, Virgo
Dolphins are intelligent and friendly animals, and have often been known to rescue drowning people at sea. Therefore, they have long been symbols of compassion, helpfulness, empathy, and caring.
- If you're beset with troubles, dreaming of a dolphin could mean that help from someone who cares is on the way.
- Playing with a dolphin implies that happier, more carefree times are on the way.
- Encountering several dolphins hints that you are, or soon will be, surrounded by a circle of friends who will provide you with a valuable support system.
- A passage to a new phase in life, such as childhood to adolescence, or single to married.
- A new opportunity on the way.
- Revelation, either personal, spiritual, or universal.
Astrological Parallels: Scorpio, Capricorn, Aries
Dreaming of a dragon depends greatly on the individual's attitude towards such creatures. In British mythology, dragons were viewed as fearsome and dangerous beasts, while in Chinese tradition dragons were considered harbingers of good luck. Therefore, it is important that the dreamer recall the circumstances of the dream. If the dream was dark and ominous, the dragon probably symbolizes the "beast in you," which could mean that your own weaknesses could well get the best of you. But if the dream was happy and optimistic, something wonderful is going to happen.
- The need or desire to throw all the dreamer's energy into a particular goal.
- The feeling of having no choice as to how to proceed in a given situation - in short, of being "driven." If the dreamer is not the drive, he should consider who is doing it.
Astrological Parallels: Aries, Capricorn
Tarot Parallels: The Chariot
- Feeling overwhelmed, perhaps by work, obligations, or life itself.
- Inundation; too many people making too many demands on the dreamer.
Astrological Parallels: Cancer
Tarot Parallels: The Moon
- Friends or relatives could be trying to talk you into something you don't want to do. Nip it in the bud before things get ugly.
- You are torn in two different directions, and having a hard time deciding which is the right choice.
Dreaming of seeing (or being) a happy and contented dwarf strongly indicates that all your troubles will soon disappear as if by magic. If the dwarf was mean or unhappy, however, beware of false friends. Be very careful of who you confide in.
Not a portent of death per se.
- If you dream of dying yourself, then all your troubles will soon be over and you can start anew. However, it could also mean that a part of you is dying and, if the other symbols in the dream tell you that it's a part of you that you like, you'd better find a way to resurrect it, and fast.
- Sometimes this can be a wish-fulfillment dream, if you dream that someone who is causing trouble for you is dying. Don't feel guilty; this is a better way to manifest that wish than other ways!
- Dreams in which the dreamer talks with dead people imply that very welcome news is on its way.