- If the eagle is flying free, the dreamer needs to be prepared for an opportunity to soar above the mundane, either professionally or spiritually, or both.
- If the eagle is perched on a tree or in a nest, someone close to the dreamer is looking out for her.
- If the eagle is caged, the dreamer feels that her spirit, her true self, is trapped in some way.
Astrological Parallels: Scorpio
Tarot Parallels: The Hanged Man
- If you are looking down upon the Earth from space, this is a sign of expansion, success, and great happiness.
- A dream of lying on the earth depends on other symbols in the dream, particularly the weather. If it is a lovely day, a much-needed period of rest and relaxation lies ahead. If the weather is bad, an important matter needs immediate attention and you need to get on it.
- Tilling the earth, or watching someone till the earth, indicates sensible and profitable use of your resources. See "Dirt".
If you live in an area prone to earthquakes and are used to them, this dream indicates minor difficulties that need to be resolved. But if you live in a place where earthquakes are rare, this dream implies a sudden and totally unexpected change in your circumstances - which could require some difficult adjustments at first, but will, in the long run, end in success and good fortune.
- Dreaming of living in ancient Egypt might actually be a past-life memory. Be sure to write the dream down immediately upon awakening, as an issue from that past life could be coming to the surface of your unconscious mind. Something in the dream probably relates to a concern in the present, and the dream may be giving you important insights.
- Egypt is a land of mystery, and therefore if you dream of Egypt or things Egyptian there is probably some mystery in your life that you'd like to have resolved. Look to other symbols in the dream to discern what it is and what you should do about it.
- Egypt is a land where a lot of secrets are being dug out of the ground. What secrets are you hiding? Or are others around you keeping things from you that you really need to know? If the other symbols in the dream support this idea, honest communication with those involved is definitely called for.
Of all the domestic animals, the elephant is certainly one of the oldest known, if not the oldest. In Hindu mythology, Ganesha, the elephant-headed god, is one of the deities associated with wealth. Therefore, unless the dreamer himself has a personal anathema towards elephants, dreaming of an elephant is always a harbinger of great good fortune.
- If the elephant is friendly and happy, expect a change in your luck for the better.
- If the dreamer was riding an elephant, this indicates a rise in social status.
- A performing elephant augurs new friends, while a working elephant hints at success through your own efforts.
- Even an angry or frightened elephant, or even if they attack you, is not all that bad an omen. It only implies delays in the attainment of your goals.
A need for change, and also for economy. Circumstances may require cutting back on expenses in order to do something you really want to do.
- If you dream of a living person whom you consider to be an adversary, you need to pay attention to the other symbols in the dream. If they are warning symbols, this person may be actively working against you. If they are positive, he or she may want a truce with you.
- Dreaming of a shadowy, ominous, perhaps unseen enemy is calling your attention to your own shadow side. A part of you is keeping you from attaining certain goals. To deduce what part it is, look to other symbols in the dream.
- Dreaming of several enemies is a dream of contrary. It actually implies that you are surrounded by loving and loyal friends.
The need or desire to break away from unpleasant people or circumstances in the dreamer's life. If, in the dream, the dreamer cannot escape, she might have to fight her way through difficulties. If an attempt is made but the dreamer is caught, then the dreamer should watch for a tendency to be her own worst enemy.
Astrological Parallels: Mars-Uranus combinations
Tarot Parallels: The Wheel of Fortune
An upcoming crisis in the attainment of a cherished goal. If the dreamer fails the exam, or if he awakens before knowing whether he passed or failed, the goal may be unfeasible at this time and should be re-examined. If the dreamer passes the exam, then, in spite of obstacles, he has it in him to get what he wants.
Astrological Parallels: Saturn or Uranus
Tarot Parallels: The Tower
- The ex-lover is thinking about the dreamer intensely, and projecting telepathic messages towards her which she receives in her dreams.
- Incompletions with this person that need to be resolved within the dreamer before he is truly free to move on to a new relationship.
- Similarities between this past relationship and situations now in the dreamer's life. Solutions to current difficulties may be resolved by the dreamer's remembering how he dealt with the ex-lover.
Astrological Parallels: Venus-Saturn combinations
Tarot Parallels: The Lovers
A dream of contrary. To dream of witnessing a massive explosion indicates that your own life is going to "explode." Great changes for the better are on the way.
- Being watched by strange, disembodied eyes indicates unexpected good fortune to come. If the eyes are particularly beautiful, this is a sign of success in romance and/or reassurance that you are surrounded by people who care for you. If there is only one eye watching you, this is the all-seeing Eye of God, and hints at success beyond your wildest dreams.
- To go blind, to injure your eyes, or to get something in them is calling your attention to the fact that there is something or someone in your life that you're not really seeing as they really are.
- Light-colored eyes indicate a new friendship, while dark eyes hint that someone is sexually attracted to you.