A symbol dependent on the circumstances of the dream. If you see a happy, smiling face, then pleasures and good times lie ahead. If you see a sad or frowning face, then troubles and worries may be plaguing you, and you have to "face" them. Dreaming of washing your face indicates the need to "clean up" your act, while dreaming of a face with a major blemish indicates the need to work on changing a bad habit.
Reassurance that your dearest dreams will come true. It doesn't matter if the fairy appeared in the form of an elf, a pixie, a leprechaun, a garden-variety fairy, or a specific fairy like Ozma of Oz, this is a very positive dream and portends great happiness.
Dreaming of hunting with a falcon implies the need to seek help in searching for something you desire. A hooded falcon indicates that someone around you is keeping things from you. A falcon making a kill is actually a positive omen, indicating that a long-time goal of yours will finally be reached. See "Eagle", "Hawk".
- Human beings have two ancient primal fears: fear of falling, and fear of loud noises. Dreaming of falling often implies the fear of losing control and resulting disaster. If the dreamer falls a great distance, then he should start finding solutions right away, for there is danger of severe complications. If the dreamer falls a short distance and is unhurt, the damage will be minimal and can easily be set right.
- A pun: Something important will happen, or difficulties will be resolved, by the "fall" (autumn).
Astrological Parallels: Scorpio
Tarot Parallels: The Tower
A busy, fruitful, and prosperous farm is a sign of abundance ahead, while a derelict, barren, and decrepit farm implies the need to work hard to avoid a rocky financial road ahead. Seeing lots of farm animals enjoying life reflects a coming period where you'll be meeting a lot of new people who'll be of great assistance to you.
This symbol is highly personalized, and should be considered in light of your relationship with your father. Generally, dreaming of a father (yours or anyone else's) represents authority, while mothers represent love and protection. If your relationship with your father was good, dreaming of him implies advancement and/or assistance from authority figures in your life. If your relationship with him was strained, however, dreaming of him indicates trouble coming from authority figures, such as your boss. If you're dreaming of a dead parent, especially if he or she is speaking to you, important news is coming your way. Whether the news is good or bad depends on other dynamics in the dream.
Astrological Parallels: Saturn (father)
Tarot Parallels: The Emperor
This symbol needs to be considered in view of the dreamer's situation at the time. If your life circumstances are calm and pleasant at the moment, dreaming that you are afraid of something is a warning of trouble ahead. Other symbols in the dream, and circumstances in your life, can explain to you exactly what the trouble will be and how to resolve it. If you're presently involved in some tense situations and you dream of being afraid, people whom you consider to be friends may turn out to be less than that. To dream of calming someone else's fears implies the resolving of misunderstandings.
- A pun, implying issues of "under-standing." Aching, painful, or injured feet imply a misunderstanding between you and a loved one. Bathing the feet, however, hints at a resolution of any disagreements.
- Viewing many feet walking on the street indicates financial reverses.
- Cold feet symbolize fears and worries about a particular course of action which the dreamer may have been planning to take - as in the metaphor "getting cold feet." Other symbols in the dream should reveal whether the dreamer's fears are warranted or not.
An obstacle dream. The nature of the obstacle depends on the dreamer's circumstances, as well as on other symbols in the dream. If the scene on the other side of the fence is beautiful and peaceful, hope lies ahead, and if the dreamer gets over the fence, what he wants will indeed manifest in spite of obstacles. If the land on the other side of the fence is barren and rocky, and/or the dreamer is having trouble climbing the fence, what you're seeking may not be what it seems and it might be best to turn back. Sitting on a fence indicates a major decision to be made.
- If you are fighting with an unknown figure, whether it's an argument or an out-and-out fistfight, or if you're participating in a free-for-all, this is a loud and clear message that major changes are on the way. Considering the dreamer's circumstances as well as other symbols in the dream will reveal the nature of the change, and/or what the dreamer needs to do in order to face it.
- Standing on the sidelines and watching other people fight indicates that the troubles of others may spill over into your life.
- A dream of war indicates an inner battle. The dreamer needs to look within and see what it is that's keeping them from getting anywhere. Other symbols in the dream might help.
- To point a finger or see someone else pointing is calling your attention to whatever other symbol in the dream the finger is indicating. If you view the symbol in question as a positive one, then good fortune lies ahead - soon. If you view the symbol as a negative image, then caution is called for in any business, financial or romantic matters. If the finger points at a specific person whom you know, that person - or someone who reminds you of that person - is not to be trusted, and any dealings with him or her call for a great deal of caution.
- A cut, broken, or bandaged finger is a dream of contrary, indicating significant successes after a great deal of effort.
- If you are aware that the finger is of a left hand, you are being warned that any shady sort of dealings, whether business, financial or romantic, will not go the way you hope, and could have upsetting consequences.
The fish is a very powerful and positive image in many world traditions. There are, therefore, many possibilities if you dream of a fish - all good, even if the fish was a greatly feared one like the shark. If there is a possibility of a pregnancy, dreaming of a fish could mean that a child is on the way, and the pregnancy and birth will be uneventful and result in a healthy baby. If the dreamer is in love but is not yet sure about the beloved's feelings, dreaming of a fish strongly indicates that the feelings are indeed reciprocated. Dreaming of catching fish, either with a pole or with a net, indicates success and prosperity ahead. Seeing fish swimming in a clear pool indicates that a number of secrets about yourself and the world around you are going to suddenly become clearer.
- To the Babylonians, Phoenicians, and Assyrians, it was honored as a symbol of fertility.
- In Native American tradition, the fish is a symbol for mystical secrets, for it can swim to the deepest regions of the ocean and explore its hidden knowledge.
- In British lore, it was believed that eating fish before lovemaking could enable a couple to conceive a child.
- The early Christians used the fish as the symbol for the Christ Consciousness. It was widely believed that this symbol resulted from the Greek acronym for "Jesus Christ, Son of God." But there is also the fact that the coming of Jesus ushered in the Age of Pisces the Fish, which encapsulates the mysticism, love, and happiness to which all world traditions ascribe to the fish.
- In Scandinavia, fish was considered an aphrodisiac, and was popularly consumed on Friday, the feast day of Freya, Goddess of Love - and in her honor Friday was a day dedicated to lovemaking.
- Energy; drive. The dreamer needs to prepare herself for an increased level of stress and activity.
- If the dreamer is burned, trouble lies ahead. Look to other symbols in the dream as to how to prepare for it and resolve it.
- If the dreamer avoids being burned, a sticky situation will be quickly resolved.
- A roaring bonfire or a welcome blaze in a fireplace signifies good news, security, a period of hope after a stint of difficulties.
Astrological Parallels: Aries, Mars
- Watching fireworks burst into a rain of light in the sky is an omen of great good fortune ahead, particularly in romance.
- If someone throws a firecracker at you, this is a sign of trouble, probably because of someone else. But if the firecracker turns out to be a dud, that person will not succeed.
- Sparklers and Roman candles are portents of an increased social life and good times ahead.
- Water is a universal symbol for emotion, and thus a dream of a flood indicates that a plethora of deep feelings is coming the dreamer's way. If the flood is warm, gentle and comforting, the feelings will be positive, and possibly could involve romance. But if the flood is dark, cold, and overwhelming, be prepared for emotional turmoil.
- Being swept away by a flood warns that someone of the opposite sex whom you trust may be trying to use you.
- Escaping from the flood, especially if you continue to reach high ground, indicates overcoming a great difficulty.
Always a positive symbol. Joy and happiness, and perhaps a whole new life, lie ahead for the dreamer.
Astrological Parallels: Taurus, Virgo
Tarot Parallels: The Sun
- Dreaming of flying high in the air and looking down on your usual surroundings is a very common dream, and most often implies a widening and broadening of your vision. It is also an omen of happiness, exhilaration, and good fortune. Whether these benefits will come easily or with great effort depends on the circumstances of the dream, particularly the weather. (see Flying)
- Dreaming of a fly, that is, the insect, represents a minor obstacle that must be overcome - in short, the proverbial "fly in the ointment." An annoying fly that keeps buzzing around your head is a signal that the obstacle, however miniscule it might be, will not go away on its own and requires immediate attention.
- The dreamer's basic ambition, drive, goals, and dreams. If the dreamer is flying like a bird, then he can accomplish his goals almost on his own. If the dreamer is flying in an airplane, or other sort of airship, he will need assistance. If the weather around him is turbulent, the path to success will be rocky and strewn with obstacles. If it is clear, the path ahead should be straightforward and easily traveled. If others are flying with him, he needs to gather the support of others in order to attain his goal. Astrological parallel: Uranus. Tarot parallel: The World
- A harbinger of a happy time in the dreamer's life - as if she is "flying high." Astrological/Tarot parallel: The Sun.
- Dreaming of ripe, appealing fruit in your dream is a very positive omen, and can symbolize several things: success and prosperity (the fruits of your labor); a pregnancy (fruit of the womb) or a heightened period of creativity (the fruits of your imagination).
- If the fruit is sour, rotten, or spoiled, however, it is a sign that something you're striving for is going to turn bad - and it's best if you stop work on it right now, figure out what's wrong with it, and move on only once the problem is resolved.
An obstacle dream, dependent on other circumstances in the dream for exact interpretation. A fog at sea indicates blockages in emotional situations, such as romance. A fog on land indicates setbacks with regard to business or financial progress. If the fog clears away during the dream, then the blockages will let up and therefore there's no need to lose heart. If it thickens, however, perhaps you'd better rethink the situation.
- If the foreign country was one that you have either been to and loved, or always wanted to visit, this is a sign that the attainment of your heart's desire is closer than you think. It also means that you should keep working on it and not be discouraged in spite of any setbacks.
- If the foreign country is strange, or the people unfriendly, or if it's a country where violence, war, and other unfavorable situations are occurring, then something or someone in your life is leading you into strange and unfamiliar territory which could at the very least make you uncomfortable. Think twice before allowing yourself to be tempted into circumstances that you know nothing about.
If the foreigner was friendly and jovial, and if you liked him or her, this is an omen of good times ahead no matter what the foreigner's nationality was. If he was unfriendly and hostile, however, it is still an omen of good times ahead, but of hitting a number of dead ends before you reach your goals.
Food is a universal symbol for prosperity and for plenty, even in rough times. If the food was fresh and crisp, then good things will be coming in profusion, but if some or all of it was spoiled, there will be setbacks, although in the end all will be well. Buying food represents domestic happiness; selling food indicates business advancement. Tasting food, however, while it's still a positive omen, represents minor steps towards prosperity.
As with all dreams of Earth's bounty, a forest basically is a happy omen if the dream shows the sun shining through the trees and a clear path ahead. Even a forest fire indicates positive progress. But if the dreamer felt alone and frightened, this means that his or her own feelings could get in the way of prosperity and success. If he or she felt lost, this implies a need to get a better grasp on one's own financial circumstances in order to better them. Other symbols in the dream can yield more information.
An omen of a happy and fulfilled life. If the fountain is flowing freely, things should go comparatively easily from here on out; however, if the fountain is malfunctioning, there are still a few obstacles that need to be overcome first.
A positive omen in all ways. Whether you saw them, held them, heard them, or ate them, they signify happiness, success in your profession, and true friends.
A dream of buying or selling gasoline is a sign of prosperity ahead, but there may be a few bumps in the road before you get what you want. Running out of gasoline is a dream of contrary, implying a rush of energy and inspiration in whatever activity means the most to you. If you're not sure what that is, look to other symbols in the dream.
A dream of fur on a live animal signifies love, warmth, and happiness. See the entries relating to each individual animal for more details. Wearing a new, well-tailored fur coat indicates financial success, while a shabby, worn-out fur coat indicates financial reversals.