A series of misfortunes lie ahead that could place your present goals in jeopardy. Look to the other symbols in the dream to judge which goals they are, or how to avert the misfortunes and save your projects.
- An ancient symbol for strength and power. See BALD. Thick, luxuriant hair is a symbol for good health, and thin, wispy hair a sign of oncoming illness.
- Brushing or combing the hair indicates finding the solution to a problem. Dreaming of someone pulling your hair implies betrayal.
Astrological Parallels: Leo
Tarot Parallels: Strength
- A hand that is open and pointing towards the sky is giving the "Fear not!" gesture of ancient times. Therefore, if you see this symbol, whether the hand is of a person or is totally disembodied, something that you're afraid of is actually nothing to fear.
- Beautiful, well-kept hands indicate satisfaction in life, while dirty hands indicate some kind of "mess" in your life that needs to be "cleaned up."
- Hands that are working diligently indicate success and good fortune through the dreamer's own efforts.
- Hands that caress the dreamer or someone else in the dream, including a pet, imply happiness in love, while hands that are waving in farewell indicate temporary separations.
- Tied hands imply obstacles in attaining one's goals, while shaking hands imply either a new friend or a reunion with an old one.
- Injured or bandaged hands indicates delays in attaining one's goals; look to other symbols in the dream to discern how these delays can be subverted, or, if they're inevitable, how best the time during the delays can be spent.
- If the hat is new, the dreamer may be considering a new job - and should go for it. If the hat is old and shabby, the dreamer's current job will eventually "get old."
- If the hat is too small for the dreamer, something in his life for which he had high hopes could turn out to be a disappointment. But if the hat is too large, he has bitten off more than he could chew.
- A top hat or fashionable ladies' hat indicates a rise in social status.
In Native American mythology, the hawk is the messenger. Therefore, if the hawk seems to be friendly, an important and probably positive message will come your way. Other symbols in the dream can reveal what that message concerns. Hawk can also indicate an important opportunity coming your way. If the hawk seems forbidding, however, this is a warning to take care of your emotional baggage before seizing whatever new opportunity comes your way.
- If the dreamer is doing the hiding, there is a part of him that is "hidden," even from him, that perhaps needs to come to the surface and be looked at.
- If the dreamer hides an object from someone else, then he is concealing something that perhaps needs to be revealed.
- If the dreamer is searching for someone or something, there is something missing, either an idea or an actual object, that she needs to find and make use of. Other symbols in the dream could reveal exactly what that is.
Astrological Parallels: Pluto, Scorpio
Tarot Parallels: The Moon
A symbol of total powerlessness.
- If the dreamer is the homeless one, then he or she is facing an unpleasant situation, which seems to have no solution. But if, in the dream, the weather is good, the dreamer has more strength than he or she thinks. If the weather is bad, however, there is little or no hope, and it might be best if the dreamer just cuts the losses and moves on.
- If the dreamer sees a band of homeless people, then this is a dream of contrary. The dreamer may not be aware of it, but there are people around who care for him and are willing to help him out of his difficulties.