Painting of any kind indicates that the dreamer is about to embark on a project very important to him or her. Discerning the circumstances of that project, and the details, are dependent on other symbols in the dream.
- Dreaming of a house being painted indicates that information previously kept from you will soon come to light.
- If you dream of being an artist and painting a picture that is beautiful and happy, then you have the power to create whatever circumstances you want the most in life. A dark, foreboding painting, however, indicates a pessimistic outlook on life, and therapy might be of great assistance.
- If you watch while someone else paints a picture, you may have the feeling of being on the outside looking in and need to take control of your life - again, depending on the atmosphere, circumstances, and other symbols in the dream.
- A sense of inability to act in a given situation, usually with regard to love. If the paralysis was total, then the dream may fear taking a certain action. It could be whether or not to declare his love, propose marriage, or break up. If the paralysis was only partial, sexual inhibitions could be the problem.
- The dreamer may feel inhibited or blocked from moving ahead with plans for major changes in her life due to circumstances beyond her control.
Astrological Parallels: Saturn
Tarot Parallels: The Pope or Hierophant
The "City of Lights." If you, in fact, live in Paris, the location of the dream has little meaning, but if you don't, it's quite significant.
- Paris has for two millennia been considered a major center of culture and enlightenment for the entire Western world. To dream of being in Paris, strolling through the Louvre or the Musee d'Orsay or attending the Opera, therefore, indicates a time of learning, cultural appreciation. Visiting the great Cathedrals such as Notre Dame or Sacre Coeur implies spiritual progress.
- Paris is also considered one of the happiest cities in the world. Dreaming of visiting the clubs or artistes of Montmartre or the Latin Quarter indicates an increased social life and happy times ahead.
Dreaming of a father symbolizes authority and discipline, while a dream of a mother symbolize love and protection - depending, of course, on how the dreamer felt about his or her parents. If the parents are still living, perhaps you need to contact them. If the parents have passed on, then they could be bringing you an important message. Dreaming of one's parents is perhaps the most subjective dream symbol of all. The dreamer's relationships with his or her parents, as well as the other symbols in the dream, need to be considered before a workable interpretation can be found.
Astrological Parallels: Saturn (father) and the Moon (mother)
Tarot Parallels: The Emperor, The Empress
- Dreaming of a huge, erect, and disembodied penis is an ancient religious symbol for the Creator, like the Shiva lingam of Hinduism - and thus represents creative power, particularly male creative power.
- Viewing a naked man whom you actually know in waking life hints that someone you know is going to reveal all to you - perhaps more than you want to hear.
- If you're a woman dreaming of making love to a man, there is a guy out there who would like very much to get closer to you.
- If you are a straight man dreaming of being in bed with another man, this doesn't necessarily mean that you're changing your sexual preference, but it does mean that you could very soon find yourself doing something that you're not normally inclined to do.
Love. Compassion. The attainment of a dream.
- Discussing politics with someone of your own gender is an omen of success ahead. However, if the politician in your dream was of the opposite sex, you might be better off changing your course of action, because the present one will lead to nothing. What changes you should make are indicated by other symbols in the dream.
- Dreaming of a politician - any politician, even one you like - making a speech in which he or she makes idealistic promises is another sign that you should change direction, as your plans won't work out if you continue on the course you're on now.
- New life; creativity; new enterprises.
- Revelation and inspiration.
- The coming of spring; something new happening at the coming of spring.
Astrological Parallels: Cancer, Pisces, Aries
Tarot Parallels: The Empress
Spirituality; status in one's own circle. Increased social life, or the desire for same.