The dream significance of taste is actually pretty straightforward. If you dream of tasting something sweet, then you can take heart - life will be sweet. Eating highly spiced foods is an omen of romantic passion lying ahead, while foul or rotten-tasting foods indicate that someone around you is spreading rumors or otherwise working against you. Bitter or salty tastes indicate disappointments.
- False or disembodied teeth portend the breakdown of an important relationship in the dreamer's life - not necessarily a romantic one.
- If the dreamer dreams of aching teeth, this could be a warning of future health problems, possibly involving the teeth but not necessarily. White and beautiful teeth, on the contrary, portend health and happiness.
- Broken or decayed teeth imply the need for repair in some department of the dreamer's life. Look to other symbols in the dream to judge which one.
- Dreaming of brushing your teeth implies making major and positive changes in your life.
Astrological Parallels: Saturn
- Telephone calls from a specific person, living or dead, implies a telepathic message from that person. If the person is living, the dreamer should hear from him or her within a very short time.
- If the dreamer is making a phone call, she wants to tell someone something but is holding back out of fear.
- A telephone that is not being used indicates that the dreamer is holding back from making a contact that needs to be made.
Astrological Parallels: Mercury/Uranus combinations
Tarot Parallels: The Suit of Wands
- A dream of actually holding onto your tongue with your hand, or with your teeth, is an admonition that you could be tempted to reveal too much, and it's time to "hold your tongue."
- To see someone sticking their tongue out at you means that you are more highly respected than you think.
- To dream of licking or tasting food depends on the nature of the food involved. See Taste.
- If the dreamer sees a snake with its tongue flickering in and out, someone in his aura "speaks with a forked tongue," or, in other words, isn't being totally up front with him.
- To see an animal panting with its tongue hanging out indicates that the dreamer has been moving too fast, working "hot and heavy," and needs to stop and take time out.
- Dreaming of the tongue of a shoe implies that there are issues going on with you now that you don't really understand, and thus you should reserve any comments about them until you do.
- Vast life changes, for better or for worse, are looming in the near future. Whether the changes are for better or worse can be deduced from other symbols in the dream.
- A surprise is coming - a surprise so unexpected and outrageous that the dreamer will be "blown away".
Astrological Parallels: Uranus, Pluto
Tarot Parallels: The Tower
- To dream of being alone in a tower is a sign that the dreamer is NOT in touch with certain circumstances or issues in his life, and needs to understand them thoroughly before taking any action - as in the metaphor, "ivory tower."
- To see a tower against the sky implies true love and friendship either coming soon or already present in the dreamer's life.
- To see a tower crumbling and falling implies upset and perhaps even disaster ahead, like The Tower card in the Tarot deck. To discern how to avert or deal with whatever is coming, look to other symbols in the dream.
- Climbing a winding staircase within a tower indicates that you will have to travel a long way before you reach your most cherished goals.
A symbol of a strong desire for freedom - to come as close as a human being possibly can to flying on his own, whether the dreamer is actually on the trapeze or watching someone else perform. If the dreamer successfully performs a routine on a trapeze, the dreamer will experience the freedom he desires, but if he falls and crashes, he'll very likely fail due to his own shortcomings. If he falls and lands in a safety net, he'll succeed in spite of his shortcomings. Other symbols in the dream can reveal how the dreamer can avoid failure.