This Full Moon Ritual Taps Libra’s Harmonizing Energy
The full moon in Libra reminds us that we need to seek balance in life. Everything good has an equally negative aspect, a truth especially applicable to personal relationships. To help you tap into the harmony of a Libra moon, it’s essential to understand others’ points of view. Libra is an air sign, so creating an intentioned herbal sachet using ingredients that promote clarity, courage, peace, and awareness will help you to open your mind to other perspectives. All you have to do is inhale.
- A 10-inch square of muslin
- Ribbon or twine
- Fresh thyme sprigs (stamina and courage)
- Fresh lavender sprigs (peace and calm)
- Peel from one small orange, cut into strips (awareness)
- Two small pieces cedar bark or cedar essential oil (clarity)
- Two cinnamon sticks (stimulation)
- Set oven to 180 °F.
- Place thyme, lavender, and orange peels on a cookie sheet. The exact amounts are up to you; decide based on your personal scent preference.
- Bake (with the oven door slightly open) for two hours, turning the ingredients every 30 minutes.
- Remove tray and allow herbs to dry and cool.
- Remove the thyme and lavender from the stems. Discard the stems.
- Lay your fabric square on a flat surface. Place dried herbs and the remaining ingredients into a pile in the middle of the fabric. If you’re using cedar essential oil instead of bark, put two to three drops over the pile of herbs.
- Consider a situation that may be calling you to be more open, or simply focus on how it would feel to free your mind of judgments. Place your hands over the ingredients and imagine a white light flowing from the top of your head through your body, from your arms to your hands and into the ingredients. Stop when you feel ready.
- Pull all edges of the fabric up to make a bundle and tie closed.
- Place your finished sachet in your dresser, closet, car, or anywhere that will allow you to experience the scent.
Happy full moon!
Photo by Heather Ford