Stay Focused During Gemini’s New Moon With a Clarity Spell Bottle
With the new moon in Gemini on June 3, prepare yourself for an onslaught of intellectual stimulation. The air sign brings both a curiosity for, well, pretty much everything, and an overwhelming amount of information. As such, it could be easy to get caught up and lose sight of what you really need to focus on—whether that’s a new topic you’re learning about, a problem you’re working through, or the like.
Try as you might, you can’t take it all in all at once. This spell bottle by Cassie Uhl of Zenned Out uses herbs, oils, and crystals to help you focus on and process everything coming at you while staying grounded.
- Small glass or plastic vial with a cap
- A strip of paper that will fit into the vial
- Permanent marker
- Frankincense essential oil (meditation, focus, grounding)
- Smoky quartz or any type of jasper (grounding) Note: Both of these stones will offer you gentle, grounding energy. Smoky quartz brings light and clean grounding energy, while jasper carries earthy energy.
- Rainbow fluorite (focus, clarity)
- Chamomile, fresh, dried, or from a teabag (calming)
- Use the marker to write a word you’d like this spell bottle to embody on your paper strip. Appropriate words for this new moon could be focus, clarify, concentrate, understand, or integrate.
- Cleanse all of your items with sacred smoke of your choosing, or by envisioning a cleansing white light enveloping them.
- Place the paper, essential oil, stones, and chamomile into the vial. Keep in mind it doesn’t have to be a perfect little glass vial with a cork. Get creative! You might have something at home that will work perfectly, like an old roller ball vial for essential oil, a perfume bottle, or a glass apothecary bottle. As you place the items in it, imagine yourself receiving all the information from this new moon and integrating it with ease.
- Once everything is in your vial, close the bottle, hold it in your hands, and repeat this invocation or something similar that feels right to you: I accept this new information with ease. I am safe and grounded as it comes to me. I will maintain a calm focus when this new information arrives and know what to do, or not do, with it. So it is.
- Place your spell bottle on your altar, your nightstand, or in your car, or carry it with you throughout your day. Try to make contact with your spell bottle daily throughout this moon cycle.
Happy new moon!
Jennifer Billock is an award-winning writer, bestselling author, and editor. She is currently dreaming of an around-the-world trip with her Boston terrier.
Art by Cassie Uhl