Weekly Finstrology Update for February 5: Changing Directions
All times Eastern
Monday, February 5, marks the halfway point between the winter solstice and spring equinox and is the year’s first “change of trend” day that legendary trader W.D. Gann watched each year. This year, that coincides with a big emphasis on technology as Mercury enters Aquarius at 12:10 a.m. and then conjoins, transiting Pluto at 7:58 a.m.
Mercury is exalted in Aquarius, so operating at an extremely high level and with superior brilliance. Combined with Pluto’s energy to transform technology, it is a powerful force. Importantly, on this “change of trend” day, Mercury and Pluto at zero degrees Aquarius will be exactly conjunct with the Mercury of the Nasdaq-100, an index that tracks tech stocks.
Thus, the Nasdaq-100 could make a significant low on Monday, February 5, with the powerful conjunction from Mercury and Pluto. Prices could rebound to score a high by Friday, though, as the new moon is widely conjunct its first-trade sun but in a close trine to the natal moon.
Funding tensions could increase by week’s end as the sun and Venus aspect Uranus in the financially oriented sign of Taurus. The sun’s square from Aquarius early Thursday pits leaders with new ideas against the status quo. The trine from Venus in Capricorn — exact on Wednesday afternoon — could make it easy for unexpected financial expenditures to appear. Increased spending also could be supported by the sextile from Mars to Neptune, the dissolver, on Wednesday night.
Markets on the Move
ADM Archer-Daniels-Midland Company
The stock price of one of the world’s giants in agricultural trading and processing, Archer-Daniels-Midland, took its largest single-day decline since 1929 on Monday, January 22, when it fell 24% to a low of $51.49. On Sunday, the company announced it was putting its CFO on administrative leave and launching an investigation into accounting practices in its Nutrition segment following a request for documents from the Securities and Exchange Commission. Its 2023 results are postponed until further notice.
The company was founded in 1902 to process linseed oil in Minneapolis and incorporated on May 21, 1924. Its stock began trading on December 24, 1924. Now based in Decatur, Ill., its primary focus is on soybean processing for vegetable oil and corn processing for ethanol.
After the initial downdraft, prices found a low on January 25 as money planet Venus was conjunct the stock’s first-trade sun and Jupiter; transiting Mercury and Mars were conjunct first-trade Mercury and opposite Pluto.
Look for a setback low on February 12 as transiting Mercury squares natal Saturn and transiting Jupiter trine natal Mercury. Prices could make a significant high on February 28 when first-trade Saturn receives aspects from six planets: trine from sun, Mercury, Saturn; square from Mars and Venus; and partile opposition from Jupiter.
In March, prices could make a low on the eleventh when the transiting moon squares natal Mercury and trines the natal moon, while transiting Mercury conjoins natal Mars. Look for a high on March 18 when the moon forms a grand trine with first-trade Uranus and Saturn, while transiting Venus and Saturn are both trine natal Saturn and square the moon.
- Euro FX High on Wednesday, February 7 — Jupiter conjoins the market’s first-trade Mercury for a boost of interest and activity. Meanwhile, critically sensitive natal Venus receives a square from the transiting moon and Venus, as well as a sextile from the sun. Look for resistance just under 110-000 in March futures.
- Gold High on Wednesday, February 7 — Jupiter supports gold’s natal sun with an easy trine, while the sun opposes the natal moon. The moon and Venus are conjunct natal Mercury and Venus. April futures could find resistance around $2090 per oz.
- Bitcoin High on Thursday, February 8 — The important moon/Mercury opposition in Bitcoin’s first-trade chart is activated as the moon, Mercury, and Pluto are conjunct Mercury and opposite the moon. In addition, Venus and Mars conjoin the market’s natal sun. Both the $47,000 or $48,000 levels could provide resistance.
- Crude Oil High on Thursday, February 8 — Three areas of crude oil’s natal horoscope are activated by squares from transiting planets. First, Mercury, Pluto, and the moon are square the market’s natal moon/Saturn conjunction. Second, the natal opposition between Mars and Pluto is being squared by Mars, Venus, the moon, and Pluto. Watch the $80.00 per barrel area for resistance.
- Soybeans Low on Thursday, February 8 — Jupiter is exactly aligned with the strong Venus/Uranus opposition in the market’s natal horoscope the day before a new moon, a monthly sensitive point for the soybean market. Watch $11.58 per bu. to $11.98 for support.
All information in this post is merely the personal opinion of the author and not that of Astrology.com or any other person, company, or entity. This information is not to be construed as financial advice, nor relied upon as such. Please contact your broker or financial advisor for trading and investment advice, and use astrological indicators in combination with other trading-decision inputs. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future market behavior.