Weekly Finstrology Update for August 1: Manic Monday Countered by Positive Forces
A triple conjunction of Mars, Uranus and the North Node at 18 Taurus on Monday (exact at 7:53 p.m. ET) dominate this week’s financial outlook. Despite the ominous tone of the two malefic planets meeting up in a sign associated with finances, other transits for the week make for a generally bullish tone.
A sun/Jupiter trine in fire signs on Sunday and lingers throughout the trading week is the positive counterbalance to the Mars/Uranus conjunction. With both the sun and Mercury in Leo through Wednesday, watch for bold statements from equally bold leaders who are trying to make substantial progress on their issues. Note that Mercury visits 28 Leo, the degree of the total eclipse across the United States in 2017, on Wednesday. Five years ago, North Korean nuclear bomb testing was in the news, so that issue might again revive this week.
On Thursday, Mercury enters its ruling sign of Virgo at 2:58 a.m. ET and puts the focus on detailed communications. It also would be a great time to get serious about putting pen to paper about developing your own trading rules and investment plan. Mercury remains in Virgo only through August 25, so get going!
Nasdaq-100 High on Monday, August 1—Interestingly, the Mars/Uranus/North Node conjunction plus transiting Venus form a yod with first-trade Uranus in the Nasdaq-100 first-trade horoscope, which adds to the idea of a surprising financial turn. The transiting moon opposite first-trade Venus and the sun opposite its first-trade position argue that the surprise is to the upside. The Mars/Venus joint price conversion at 12,959 could prove strong resistance.
S&P 500 High on Thursday, August 4—When Mercury enters Virgo early Thursday morning, it is exactly opposite its position at 00 Pisces in the S&P 500 first-trade horoscope chart. At the same time, the transiting moon at 00 Scorpio makes a trine to first-trade Mercury. Both are transits that appear at market highs. Another factor that plays into a potential high is that Friday marks the halfway point between the summer solstice and fall equinox, a day that legendary trader W.D. Gann watched for a change of trend. The market could hit significant resistance at the IC conversion level of 4090. Note that the June 2 high of 4176 was just four points beyond the Neptune conversion of 4172, which also could provide resistance.
Markets on the Move
Retail stocks are in the spotlight as inflation supports food and energy purchases at the expense of clothes and household goods. Let’s take a look at three of the country’s largest retail companies for some insights.
WMT Walmart Inc.
Walmart is the largest retailer in the United States, with $459 billion in sales in 2021, according to Statista.com. That is more than double sales at Amazon.com, the second-largest retailer, at $217 billion last year.
Walmart stock was first listed on August 25, 1972, so is fast approaching its 50th anniversary. This year, its solar return is on Thursday, August 25 at 11:12 a.m. ET. WMT’s first-trade horoscope features a rare and almost out-of-bounds Jupiter (exact September 8 through November 1, 1972) trine the sun. Both planets are often in play at important highs or lows.
Perhaps more interesting in WMT’s natal chart is that Pluto is at 00 Libra 47, which gives this stock powerful energy at a world point. As such, Pluto also is often aspected by transiting planets at significant highs and lows. Three Pluto aspects are in play through year’s end that could help prices find a low in August, rally into late September and then turn lower through December.
Jupiter opposite Pluto—representing a culmination of success—was first exact on May 14, 2022; within a week, WMT had dropped nearly $30, or about 20 percent. The aspect occurs twice more this year, so be on the lookout for more bearish behavior.
The next Jupiter/Pluto opposition is exact on October 19, 2022. But, October 21 has other transits to first-trade sun, Jupiter and Uranus that could make that day more significant. The final of three Jupiter/Pluto oppositions is exact on December 28, 2022. This time, December 23 could be the more significant trading day because the new moon is conjunct first-trade Jupiter and trine first-trade sun and Mars; transiting Venus and Mars also are aspecting their first-trade positions.
Mars trine Pluto—representing easy, powerful energy—is exact on August 21, 2022. This connection was present at the lows of May 20, 2022 and January 18, 1996. Just four days before WMT’s solar return, the sun is partile trine first-trade Jupiter. Thus, prices might make a low on Monday, August 22.
Venus conjunct Pluto—representing big money potential—is exact on Thursday, September 29, 2022 and could portend a high like it produced on August 18, 2021. Four days earlier, though, features the new moon and Mercury also conjunct Pluto, for spillover bullishness into Monday’s trade on September 26.
AMZN Amazon.com Inc.
All 10 transiting planets on Monday, August 1 are connecting with the first-trade horoscope for Amazon.com in what looks like a potential high.
- The triple-whammy conjunction at 18 Taurus among Mars, Uranus and the North Node is exactly trine this stock’s first-trade Mars at 18 Virgo. Two other transiting planets also are connecting with first-trade Mars—Venus in a sextile and the Moon by conjunction.
- The sun and Jupiter form a T-square with first-trade Uranus.
- Mercury is squaring first-trade sun.
- Pluto is conjunct and Neptune sextile first-trade Neptune.
- Saturn is conjunct first-trade Jupiter.
The soft-aspect connections with AMZN Mars from Venus, Mars and Uranus suggest a maxing-out of ease that has been supporting price. That would be similar to the July 22, 2022 high at $125.50 when transiting Uranus also was exactly trine first-trade Mars; that same peak effect would be enhanced by the presence by Mars and the North Node. However, also note that prices made a low on June 14, 2022 when Uranus and Venus were both trine first-trade Mars; Venus is not quite as strong in the August 1 sextile.
- The dates when transiting Jupiter will be partile trine first-trade Pluto for a potential high because prices peaked at $128.99 on June 6, 2022, one day after the first pass. The second is on September 20, 2022 (but September 22 looks a little stronger from an overall chart perspective). The third is on January 23, 2023, with several other transits connecting with first-trade sun, moon and Mercury.
- February 9 each year (plus or minus 2 to 3 days). That’s when the sun conjoins first-trade Jupiter and has marked significant turning points in price. It was a low in 2016, but highs in 2020 and 2022.
TGT Target Corporation
Target is half again as big as Amazon.com, with $104 billion in 2021 sales, per Statista.com. Its roots began in 1962 as a division of the Dayton Corporation in Minneapolis, which went public in 1967. In 2000, the company’s name was changed to Target Corporation and TGT began trading on January 28 that year.
That first-trade horoscope features a four-planet Aquarius stellium, including Mercury and Uranus at 16 Aquarius. With Mercury exalted in the sign and Uranus as its ruler, it’s no surprise that the pair features prominently at price highs and lows.
The August 1 Mars/Uranus/North Node conjunction at 18 Taurus is just past its exact square with TGT’s first-trade Mercury/Uranus. Because hard aspects appear mostly at important highs, watch for high as the trading week begins. Also consider that the high might have occurred the previous Friday, July 29, when transiting Mars was at 16 Taurus, with the moon and Mercury opposite at 15-19 Leo.
By August 25, prices might find a low with three aspecting trines to first-trade planets: (1) moon and Venus trine Pluto; (2) sun trine Jupiter; and (3) Mars trine sun and Neptune. Note that the moon and Venus also are opposite first-trade Mercury/Uranus that day.
This year’s Mars retrograde in Gemini will trine TGT’s first-trade Mercury/Uranus three times, all of which could be considered candidates for potential highs. The first is on September 20, 2022, also featuring Venus opposite Mars and Mercury trine the sun. The second, on December 7, 2022 also features the sun conjunct first-trade Pluto. The third pass on February 21, 2023 (the day after a long holiday weekend) looks the most interesting, however. That’s because transiting Mercury will be conjunct first-trade Mercury/Uranus, and partile conjunct the following day. Expect big trading volume and price volatility around that time.
- Bitcoin Low on Monday, August 1—The Mars/Uranus/North Node conjunction along with transiting moon form a grand trine with bitcoin’s first-trade sun and Saturn that could pressure prices into a low. Watch for support at the Mars conversion level of $20,760.
- Gold High on Monday, August 1—In gold, the Mars/Uranus/North Node conjunction and transiting moon form a grand trine with first-trade Mercury and Venus. Adding strength to the potential for a high is that transitive Venus is opposite the first-trade pair. Watch for price resistance in December futures at the end-of-cycle Jupiter level of $1783 per oz.; the next planetary conversion level higher is $1868.
- 10-yr. T-note Low on Monday, August 1—The Mars/Uranus/North Node combo is widely conjunct this market’s first-trade sun, but more closely trine first-trade moon. At the same time, transiting sun is square to its first-trade position, with transiting moon conjunct its own first-trade position. This could set up for a low in interest rate prices (a high in interest rates). Current prices are between two widely separated planetary price conversion levels, with 118-08 on the downside and 125-01 on the upside.
- Bitcoin High on Friday, August 5—Venus is opposite bitcoin’s sun and trine its first-trade Uranus today for potential money surprises. For upside resistance, watch the Mars conversion level at $24,360.
All information in this post is merely the personal opinion of the author and not that of Astrology.com or any other person, company or entity. This information is not to be construed as financial advice, nor relied upon as such. Please contact your broker or financial advisor for trading and investment advice, and use astrological indicators in combination with other trading-decision inputs. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future market behavior.