Weekly Finstrology Update for July 18: Bolder Vibe Heading Our Way
Three planets enter news signs this week that could bring a new vibe to the markets. Venus goes first, entering Cancer on Sunday to join the sun and Mercury in that sign. Venus is the planet that rules money, so, in Cancer, it would like to lavish it on efforts that are protective and nurturing.
Next up is Mercury, which enters Leo on Tuesday. Mercury rules trading and stock indexes, so traders could become bolder and more opinionated. Finally, the sun enters Leo—its ruling sign—on Friday just after markets close for the week. For the next month, however, markets are operating under the bold, brash, opinionated, showy umbrella of Leo. The sun and Mercury will both be in Leo through August 3, when Mercury enters its ruling sign of Virgo the next day.
The sun’s ingress into Leo also marks the one-third point in the astrological year that began at the spring equinox. This is one of 10 days each year that legendary trader W.D. Gann watched for a potential change of trend.
The trading week begins with helpful Cancer in the spotlight. The sun and Mercury in Cancer trine Neptune in Pisces on Sunday, so deep-seated, protective insights could arise as the trading week begins on Sunday night. That feeling is emphasized as Mercury opposes Pluto in Capricorn in overnight trading, so there could be news from overseas that focuses attention on how business and government could be more sensitive.
Based on transits, the Nasdaq-100 could make a low on Monday, July 18. Indeed, the sun, moon, Mercury and Venus are all making aspects to the market’s first-trade Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
Nearby support in the Nasdaq-100 could be at the Mars/Venus conversion level of 11,519, which marks the end of a planetary conversion cycle. Note that the Saturn conversion level of 11,037 exactly matched the index’s June 16 low, which now should be seen as important support. Another Saturn level to watch for support is 11,397.
By Wednesday, July 20, the sun has moved into opposition with Pluto, bringing a potential showdown between leaders who want to provide support and protection vs. powerful institutions. This steps up the conversation a notch from Monday’s warm-up from the Mercury/Pluto opposition.
This could put pressure on the S&P 500, which could make a low on Thursday, July 21 when the sun and Mercury are conjunct the index’s first-trade Uranus. In addition, Venus forms a grand trine with first-trade Venus and Neptune. Major support from planetary conversion levels is at 3616 and 3583. Note that the June 28 high of 3944 was just one tick higher than the end-of-cycle sun conversion level of 3943. That adds oomph to the importance of that high as a new resistance level on rallies.
Markets on the Move
Let’s see what the planets have to say about stocks spinning in the orbit of the Elon Musk purchase (or not) of Twitter.
TWTR Twitter Inc.
Twitter began trading on November 7, 2013 and has shown a particularly interesting tendency for grand trine formations at important highs and lows.
The stock’s first-trade horoscope has two sets of natal trines that get filled in on the third leg by a transiting planet at times of highs and lows. The first is a natal trine between the sun/Saturn conjunction at 14-15 Scorpio and Jupiter at 20 Cancer. The second is a natal trine between Mars at 13 Virgo and a moon/Pluto conjunction at 09-10 Capricorn. Here’s how some market turns have played out, with the transiting planet in parenthesis:
Grand trine with sun and Jupiter with transiting planet at 14-20 Pisces:
- Record high of $80.75 on February 25, 2021 (Neptune)
- High of $47.79 on June 15, 2018 (Neptune, with Jupiter conjunct Saturn)
Grand trine with moon/Pluto and Mars with transiting planet at 09-13 Taurus:
- Record low of $13.72 on May 24, 2016 (Mercury, with Jupiter conjunct Mars)
- Low of $20.00 on March 18, 2020 (Venus)
- High of $73.34 on July 23, 2021 (Uranus)
- Low of $31.30 on February 24, 2022 (Uranus)
- High of $54.57 on April 5, 2022 (Uranus, with Jupiter/Neptune trine Jupiter; news that Musk to join Twitter board of directors; day after his 9 percent stake in TWTR disclosed)
Note that transiting Mars is going through 09-13 Taurus right now—from July 18-25—and making a grand trine with the moon/Pluto/Mars. Based on similar transits, this could be either a high or a low. But, I’m looking for a potential low in Twitter on Thursday, July 21, when the moon is aligned with Mars and when also transiting Venus is opposite first-trade Venus and trine first-trade Mars. Another potential time to watch for a low in TWTR is August 22-28, when transiting Mars at 02-03 Gemini forms a yod apex with first-trade Venus and Mercury.
TSLA Tesla Inc.
This stock began trading on June 29, 2010, with a natal conjunction between Jupiter and Uranus at 00-02 Aries, portending outsized and surprising price movement when the pair is triggered. This year, Jupiter does exactly that for the first time in its trading history.
TSLA is experiencing its first Jupiter return as transiting Jupiter is conjunct its first-trade position three times—May 24 and October 5 in 2022 and January 10, 2023. Indeed TSLA set a low at $620.57 (which has held since then) on the exact day of its first Jupiter return.
Interestingly, some of TSLA’s more notable lows in the last year have occurred when transiting Jupiter is partile (i.e., in the same degree) conjunct or opposite to a first-trade planet, apparently providing an energy boost:
- Low at $539.49 on March 5, 2021 (opposite Venus)
- Low at $886.12 on December 21, 2021 (conjunct Neptune)
- Low at $700.00 on February 24, 2022 (opposite Mars)
- Low at $620.57 on May 24, 2022 (conjunct Jupiter)
Watch for a potential high in TSLA on Monday, July 18. That’s when transiting Venus forms a T-square apex with the stock’s first-trade opposition between Saturn and Jupiter/Uranus. That formation would reprise the setup when TSLA scored its record high of $1243.49 on November 4, 2021. However, be aware that prices made a low a few weeks later when the transiting sun moved into a similar T-square formation.
DWAC Digital World Acquisition Corp.
This stock is a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) that was listed on September 30, 2021, so has less than 10 months of trading history. However, it is tied into the Musk/Twitter/Tesla story because of its association with Truth Social, the social media platform developed by Trump Media & Technology Group to which the former president would have access, something he does not have on Twitter.
The DWAC first-trade horoscope features a grand trine in water signs with the moon in Cancer, Venus in Scorpio and Neptune in Pisces. Pluto, at 24 Capricorn, is exactly opposite the moon and forms a kite tail to the grand trine. Mercury, at 24 Libra, is exactly square to the moon/Pluto opposition in a T-square formation. Connections to any of these five planets by transit could be significant to DWAC’s price movement.
DWAC scored its all-time high of $175 on October 22, 2021 when transiting Mars was partile conjunct first-trade Mercury and the T-square. Prices fell to $36.69 on December 1, 2022 when Mars conjoined Venus and the grand trine. Both Venus and Mars aligned with first-trade Pluto, the kite and T-square connection, on March 2, 2022 when prices peaked at $101.87.
The stock might have made a low last Friday, July 15, when transiting Venus, sun and Mercury all were touching planets in the grand trine. The T-square and grand trine are both activated on Sunday, August 7 by Venus and Mars, so watch for a change of trend on Friday, August 5 or Monday, August 8.
- Crude Oil Low on Monday, July 18—Both the moon and Jupiter are conjunct the market’s first-trade sun, a transit that often appears at market lows. Also, Mars is conjunct natal Venus with Venus opposite natal Neptune. The $86.83 per barrel planetary conversion level provided support in March, basis September futures and could do so again. Other significant conversion levels to watch include $90.43, $89.68 and $89.03.
- Gold Low on Monday, July 18—The moon and Jupiter are squaring the first-trade sun in the gold market, with Mars making a trine. Both transits can put pressure on gold prices. The gold market also is sensitive to planets moving into new signs, and transiting Venus is at 00 Cancer while the sun and Mercury oppose natal Venus. In August futures, look for support at a trio of planetary conversion levels spanning $1688 per oz. to $1,694. The next significant conversion level lower is $1573; the level of $1,732 is now significant resistance.
- Soybeans Low on Monday, July 18—Transiting Mars is activating both ends of the soybean market’s first-trade Venus/Uranus opposition, while the moon and Venus form a T-square with first-trade Mercury. In November futures, the Venus conversion level of $12.98 per bu. could be significant support.
- 10-yr. T-note High on Monday, July 18—Interest rate prices could peak (interest rates bottom) as the sun, moon, Mercury and Venus (at 00 Cancer) all are in aspect to the market’s first-trade Venus. In addition, transiting Mars is conjunct the first-trade sun. September futures are hovering near the planetary conversion level of 118-08; the next higher conversion level is 125-01.
All information in this post is merely the personal opinion of the author and not that of Astrology.com or any other person, company or entity. This information is not to be construed as financial advice, nor relied upon as such. Please contact your broker or financial advisor for trading and investment advice, and use astrological indicators in combination with other trading-decision inputs. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future market behavior.